Calling our lives “in transition” seems like such an understatement right now as we’ve said farewell to New Jersey, are presently enjoying time with family in Georgia, and look forward to moving to Vermont in November. Just four weeks ago we said goodbye to the Point Church and New Brunswick, and it has taken me a few weeks to regain some mental-spiritual-emotional equilibrium. Leaving the place and people you love is never an easy thing.
At the same time we’re very thankful for this two month break and loving this time with our families in GA . We’re so thankful for our families, the sacrifices they’ve made for us, and their continued support as we prepare to move even further away. This makes it especially gratifying to see Jude’s grandparents enjoying this extended time with him. Jude is definitely enjoying the extra attention.
Here are a few more God stories from our break:
- Our BIGGEST God story is Christin being pregnant with our second child. She’s approaching the two month mark with the baby due in early May. We apparently like packing these major life transitions together =)
- Last week our renter moved into our house in New Brunswick. We’re so blessed to have a tenant and Section 8 (federal housing) administrator who love Jesus. We’re thankful our house can now become a home for Mary and her three daughters.
- I was invited to speak on Sept. 19 at Wildwood Baptist Church, the church in GA where I served as College & Singles Pastor that sent us out to start a church in NJ over six years ago. We could not do what we do without churches like Wildwood supporting us.
- For 16 days in October I’ll be traveling with a team to Southeast Asia where I’ll get to spend several days with my youngest brother and his wife. (Due to security issues please do not post any comments to this blog with either his name or the country where he resides.)
As we continue preparing to move to Burlington, VT, our most obvious need and prayer request is financial support. We now have $2708/month raised, leaving $1875/month to meet our monthly salary needs. Please pray with us for God to bring financial partners- both churches and individuals- to support our remaining monthly salary needs and the additional start up costs for this new church. You can to the partner page of our website for details on how you and others can support us.
Please also pray…
- Pray that we’ll continue making the most of our time with family in Georgia before moving to VT.
- Pray for God to use this break to renew and recharge us as we prepare to dive into ministry in VT.
- Pray that God will lead us to the right rental house or apartment in Burlington- that this place will quickly become a home to us and a place where we can begin building relationships immediately.
- Pray for the others on our team who are preparing to move to Burlington: Matt, Tirzah, & Benjamin Mashue, Lance Farrell, and Miles Ean. Pray especially that God will provide jobs and point them to the right home or apartment.
Thank you for remembering us!
5 thoughts on “TRANSITIONING”
Where is Pippin in the picture!? I hope you didn’t forget to bring him with you. Miss you dude! TKN had a GREAT sarcastic comment last week. He would have made you proud.
Although I love Pippin, we’ve had to realize that he is a dog. Don’t worry, though, he’s making the journey with us. I think Jude would revolt if we didn’t bring the dog.
You MUST share the sarcastic comment. I’m glad TKN is continuing the legacy.
Miss you bro and you have to come to VT for some serious backpacking!
Greetings! Is it okay if I go a bit off topic? I am trying to view your post on my iPod Touch but it doesn’t display properly, do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Terence
No idea. Displays perfectly on my iphone.
CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you all. Wow, A second little Pounds and I haven’t gotten to meet the first yet :”'(. What a busy, exciting time in your life. Your heads must be spinning getting ready for all the changes coming. We love you and keep up with you as best we can through Sandra, Debbie, your Mom and on here. Please give your mother a BIG hug for me and tell her I will call soon.