More notes from the Exponential Church Planting conference. I’ve attempted to put my points I found incredibly relevant in bold and personal thoughts in italics.
Jo Saxton, 3DM- Launching Missional Communities
- Don’t always begin with a big vision.
- Start with what you do know & can do.
- Expect God to move.
- Group should be small enough to share & large enough to dare.
Missional Communities are not a new idea. Almost every movement and denomination began with something similar to Missional Communities.
Missional Communities defined:
- Size of extended family. 20-50 people.
- Clear mission/vision. Who or where are we sent to?
- Vehicle for training and multiplying leaders.
- Lightweight and low maintenance.
- What/who is your mission?
- What is the news you want to share?
- What are your rhythms and those of your neighbors?