Over the last several weeks I’ve been meditating on and praying over 1 Corinthians 9:19-27- which I’ve found very relevant to my remaining time in New Brunswick and the upcoming transition to Burlington. Hopefully in upcoming posts I can share more, but one specific scripture verse that continues to stand out is 1 Corinthians 9:26: So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. The Apostle Paul is saying he wants to make his steps count, he wants his decisions to move him forward, he does not just want to run in circles or shadow box.
This may not sound exceptionally super spiritual, but to get where God wants often requires thinking strategically and taking very intentional steps to get there. God has reminded me that I need to continuously identify the steps He is leading me to take and commit those steps to prayer. Here are a few of the very practical and intentional steps we are committing to prayer and would love for you to also pray over with us:
* The sell of our Jeep Liberty. Yep- it doesn’t sound like a big deal, but it sure would be nice to be down to one car and have the extra cash on hand as our travels take us from NJ to GA and eventually VT over the next few months.
* The sell of our home. The housing market is less than optimal, but we’re making one last push to make the sell over the next couple of weeks: minor renovations, dropping the price, and an open house. If we don’t sell it, we’ll rent it.
* Finding the right home. Burlington has several neighborhoods where we could imagine living, but we want to move into the neighborhood and home where we can make the greatest impact.
* Trying for baby #2. Many of you know the amazing God-story of how we were able to have Jude through in vitro fertilization. If you don’t know, check out http://gainingpounds.blogspot.com/2008/12/baby-on-wayreally.html. Basically, we have three embryos left and are going for round #2 of IVF this summer. We’re so excited about the potential of a new son or daughter.
* Raising financial support. God is already moving churches and individuals to financially partner with us as we move towards Burlington. We are still praying for more. I don’t want to turn this post into a fundraising letter, so just pray and you can email me with any specific questions.
* Pray that God will continue preparing our team. Pray for Matt, Tirzah, and Benjamin Mashue as Matt looks for a job and they consider the transition with a new baby. Pray for Lance Farrell as he looks at different graduate school options and considers where to live. Pray for Miles Ean that God will make his next steps clear.
As always, we are so thankful for your prayers!