So my summer hiatus from blogging ends. Summer has been busy- not bad busy, but good busy- too busy to blog.
Here’s the rundown of the summer busyness.
- Jude learned to ride a bike
- Wren’s firt pony tail
- Peter Pan & Tinker Bell birthday party for the kiddos
- Reading Triumph of Christianity by Rodney Stark
- BCC’s second annual Kids Camp in Burlington’s Old North End
- Basketball clinic with Somali teens in Winooski
- Five weeks journeying through the Lord’s Prayer with BCC
- First two seasons of X-files (thank you Hulu for my 90’s flashback)
- Smugg’s Century Ride with my bud Michael Johnson
- First overnight camping trip with the family at Little River State Park (two nights!)
- Farewell to Serve Burlington’s director, Mike Bazemore, while becoming interim director
- Launching a monthly google hangout for discipleship oriented church-planters in VT, NY, & NH
- Ramping up for BCC’s first church planting apprentice
- Cycling the Maine Lighthouse Ride with my wife and father-in-law
- Daily adventures to Burlington area festivities including Summervale, Champlain Valley air, Saturday Farmer’s Market, bike rides to Battery Park, and lots of dips in Lake Champlain.
I would not choose to be anywhere else doing anything else with anyone else.
God is good.
Fall is here.
One thought on “Hiatus Over”
I remember a memorable night when my wife and I and our two small children camped overnight in a tent in Waterbury State Park. As rain fell in torrents, our tent top began to sag with water and every place we pushed it up to drain the water, of course it leaked. To top it all the racoons snarleld and fought over a cool aid container (managing to screw the lid off) on our picnic table. My wife Linda said, “Why are we here when 30 miles away in Randolph we could be sleeping in our dry and warm bed!”